The subject is broad and it’s not clear what the user wanted. The user might not even “want” anything except to kill five minutes before a meeting. Search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN and others use various algorithms to determine the quality of the search results.
NRG also operates a large portfolio of retail electricity companies. The integrated nature of NRG’s asset portfolio provides investors with stable cashflows. When power prices are high, the generation business benefits.
How Do I Know I Can Trust These Reviews About Duckduckgo?
As a result, your results start to reinforce your worldview or even start to be less accurate, as you see only sites like those you have clicked on before. For one thing, it forces all search searches into whatever search engine you have set as your default. So if you are clicking search links on the Yahoo home page, you won’t end up in Yahoo’s search, you will end up in your default.
Even if the entities you’re willing to share that data with have your confidence, no one is truly unhackable. If they’re not particularly concerned with how Google itself manages their personal data, then they’re concerned about data breaches. The rise of the so-called big data and big tech conglomerates has led to an increased level of surveillance which makes most people uncomfortable. Google, as the adoptive father of the Android platform, has a lot of facilities when it comes to preferring its own apps over those from third parties. This doesn’t mean you can’t unlink your device from its software, though to completely root out all traces of Google you’ll need patience, caution, and the willingness to make a few sacrifices.
- It respects your privacy, it’s open source, and overall just a handy tool.
- But now, we know more about how the search giant tracks user activity, bows down to repressive governments, and privileges paid advertisers over individual privacy.
- This is something you will not find on Google search as it offers personalized search by tracking your searches and even activity on other Google services.
- The reported yearly revenue, with 24 million searches, was approximately $25 million.
- To remove DuckDuckGo from Safari, you need to reset this web browser.